Canadian Orders!

Discuss your experiences with purchasing the XO though the G1G1 program here. First impressions or whatever else is important to you. Mention it here!

Canadian Orders!

Postby sanjaypande » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:20 pm

Hi All,
I have not been receiving any updates so scrolled through the forums and found a lot of information. I would like to get an estimate for Canadian orders please. I knew we were last priority and were getting the orders later than US orders, however, its quite late now. My current address is going to change as well. Could someone please give an indication as to when the orders to Canada will ship.

Also the order tracking system seems to be broken and does not recognize my e-mail address. I paid with visa and have the confirmation e-mail address with a receipt number from PayPal.

Thanks,

Sanjay
sanjaypande

Re: Canadian Orders!

Postby Infamy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:19 pm

This may come as semi-good news for you, but the Canadian orders have partially shipped. The remainder of the XO's are set to ship in March(due to inventory shortages). In the meantime, I would recommend calling 1-800-201-7144 to get your order details, including your confirmation number. Make sure they have the address you need your XO to go to, so that this doesn't become an issue.

-Infamy
1st day donor :)
Infamy
Support Team

Delayed Again!

Postby sanjaypande » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:04 pm

I called and got a reference number, status says waiting to be shipped online and is in the shipping queue. Called today and they apparently ran out of inventory. New orders are expected to ship late March, early April. Its unfortunate, but a little frustrating, considering, this was supposed to be a christmas gift.
sanjaypande

Postby TSI » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:33 pm

I just got an email from OLPC Customer Care. It says, "Your XO laptop is on its way."

I used the supplied reference number to access the tracking number and confirmed that yes, it was delivered on January 18th.

There seems to be a bit of a backlog in the outbound email too. :wink:
TSI

Postby CaptainCanuk » Fri May 02, 2008 1:00 am

Infamy wrote:This may come as semi-good news for you, but the Canadian orders have partially shipped. The remainder of the XO's are set to ship in March(due to inventory shortages). In the meantime, I would recommend calling 1-800-201-7144 to get your order details, including your confirmation number. Make sure they have the address you need your XO to go to, so that this doesn't become an issue.

-Infamy

I live in Canada, Ordered my G1G1 on November 12 and am still waiting delivery. Impossible to get a straight answer from "service"(?)
CaptainCanuk

Postby CaptainCanuk » Fri May 02, 2008 10:10 pm

After my posting to several forums and a lengthy email to both help and support last night (May 1), I received am email from support this morning(May 2) and an answer to the missing laptop.

The response to teh emails was much faster than what I have experienced in the past and I thank support for your taking my concern seriously. My laptop had been returned to the warehouse.

Emily at support told me that they would ship another one right away by Fedex. I will post again when I receive my laptop or the limit of my patience again which ever comes first.
CaptainCanuk

Return to Give One, Get One ( 2007-2008)