Ordered before Christmas, still haven't received (in April)

Discuss your experiences with purchasing the XO though the G1G1 program here. First impressions or whatever else is important to you. Mention it here!

Ordered before Christmas, still haven't received (in April)

Postby MiG » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:09 pm

Hi there,

Just wondering if all the G1G1 laptops were shipped, or if there are still people waiting?

I ordered before Christmas, and have been waiting (patiently, without complaints) for it to show up.

My order status has said "in the warehouse" for the last month or so. I e-mailed twice, with no response. I called the 1-800 # and spoke with someone (who was very friendly and we had a pleasant conversation). Unfortunately, all she could tell me was that the order was "in the warehouse".

Is this normal? Surely it shouldn't take more than 4 months to process an order?
MiG

Re: Ordered before Christmas, still haven't received (in April)

Postby mvalent » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:01 pm

I am still waiting too.
First week donor !!!
mvalent

Postby alexcooper » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:17 pm

I ordered a few days after Christmas, and http://www.fedex.com/tracking only yesterday acknowledged my order.

There may not be a logical shipping system (my friend ordered hers on the last day, and got it about three weeks ago) but don't give up quite yet.
alexcooper

Postby CaptainCanuk » Fri May 02, 2008 12:22 am

I am waiting too. Ordered November 12 from Canada. I am hoping the fact that I have a Canadian address isn't the problem.

My wife and I have spent hours calling and trying to track a computer they say has been shipped. It is approaching 6 months from the time I ordered and I still haven't received any reliable information as to where the order is in the shipping system.

I feel scammed.
CaptainCanuk

Postby CaptainCanuk » Fri May 02, 2008 10:13 pm

After my posting to several forums and a lengthy email to both help and support last night (May 1), I received am email from support this morning(May 2) and an answer to the missing laptop.

The response to the emails was much faster than what I have experienced in the past and I thank support for your taking my concern seriously. My laptop had been returned to the warehouse.

Emily at support told me that they would ship another one right away by Fedex. I will post again when I receive my laptop or the limit of my patience again which ever comes first.
CaptainCanuk

Return to Give One, Get One ( 2007-2008)