Never recieved laptop

Discuss your experiences with purchasing the XO though the G1G1 program here. First impressions or whatever else is important to you. Mention it here!

Never recieved laptop

Postby ve2dmn » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:44 am

Hi!

According to Fedex my XO was delivered on Jan22. Today is April 16, and I still haven't found out what really happened to my delivery.

I came to the conclusion that the laptop was delivered, but since this is an apartment building, it was probably stolen 5 min after being left at the front door. (IF it was indeed delivered at the right address)

I asked around, and no-one in the building has seen any sort of Fedex package.

Fedex isn't helpful on the mater: they are telling me it has been delivered according to the directions...

I sent an e-mail last month (I'm very busy with my work, and this is not a priority) and all I got was automated response... Nothing else in over a month..

I'm out of options. Anyone has any ideas on what I can do at this point?
ve2dmn

Re: Never recieved laptop

Postby culseg » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:29 pm

Send me your 10 digit reference number in PM and/or open a help ticket by emailing info to help@laptop.org Attn: Culseg.

I will respond.
culseg
Support Team

Postby lynn0917 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:47 am

Sound terrible...
HP DV9000 keyboard US $ 49.20
M8482 AC Adapter for Apple US $ 22.34
PNB-CP2L rinter Battery for Canon US $ 67.82
http://www.sunvalleyus.com/
lynn0917

Postby ve2dmn » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:13 am

lynn0917 wrote:Sound terrible...

a bit... At this point, I pretty much accept the entire thing as a complete lost. Someone somewhere is probably enjoying my laptop :(
ve2dmn

Postby AndyL » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:10 pm

I've never received mine either. Tracking shows failed delivery because "unable to locate address" and I haven't been able to get an answer about what was wrong with the address (to which I have shipped many a purchase) or why it hasn't been reshipped. (The initial attempt at delivery was March 11th, and I purchased it on Nov 11th.)

--Andy
AndyL

Postby culseg » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:46 am

ve2dmm -- Your XO is a in a queue to be re-shipped

AndyL -- I have sent you a PM to look into tracking your XO delivery.
culseg
Support Team

Postby CaptainCanuk » Thu May 01, 2008 11:34 pm

AndyL wrote:I've never received mine either. Tracking shows failed delivery because "unable to locate address" and I haven't been able to get an answer about what was wrong with the address (to which I have shipped many a purchase) or why it hasn't been reshipped. (The initial attempt at delivery was March 11th, and I purchased it on Nov 11th.)

--Andy

I want to say that I have not received my laptop which I ordered on Nov 12. I feel I am at a disadvantage because I live in Canada. I have been told by various people that it was shipped USPS then somebody else said UPS then someone else told me Fedex and the last person told me USPS. My wife and I have spent numerous hours on the phone trying to get this resolved. Thank goodness for 1-800 numbers. At least I wasn't using my own money to call to be put on hold and given the run around. Can anybody monitoring this forum from OLPC help?
CaptainCanuk

Postby ve2dmn » Fri May 02, 2008 10:47 am

Follow-up: Mine is now being shipping via Fedex.

ve2dmn

Postby yragelok » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:27 am

It's November again but a year later and still no laptop. Now I am supposed to know everything about my order. I tried several times to check status but never got beyond being told it was being sent. Keep getting home page when I hit link to order tracker.

Now I am supposed to know every detail about the order.

Consternated.

Is there still an order tracker?
yragelok

Postby CaptainCanuk » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:56 am

I did get my laptop in June. However in July I started getting bills from Fedex for their services at the border to get my laptop into Canada. The bill was coming to me and I eventually paid it. After that I contacted OLPC to see about this extra charge since I had originally paid an extra charge for delivery when I originally ordered my laptop.

The helpful staff at OLPC said that if I had not paid the bill it would eventually be charged back to the shipping company. They said that they would see what they could do about reimbursing me the extra expense that I had incurred. It took a little over a month but I did get reimbursement.

I now have my laptop as originally ordered and it did not cost me extra as Fedex would have liked.

My suggestion is to contact OLPC directly by phone since they now seem to be much better at customer service since they have brought their customer service back in house from the outsourced company.

Good luck.
CaptainCanuk

Postby ve2dmn » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:12 pm

As for me I received my Laptop around May. I have since sold it to someone else in town (I lost my job back in June)

If you have any problems try to contact support directly. They where very helpful and understanding.
ve2dmn

Postby culseg » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:13 pm

yragelok wrote:It's November again but a year later and still no laptop. Now I am supposed to know everything about my order. I tried several times to check status but never got beyond being told it was being sent. Keep getting home page when I hit link to order tracker.

Now I am supposed to know every detail about the order.

Consternated.

Is there still an order tracker?

The order tracker was an OLPC vendor's attempt to provide some answers months ago and is no longer functioning...nor is that vendor.

Email to help@laptop.org is the best step forward.
culseg
Support Team

Return to Give One, Get One ( 2007-2008)