I'm not using it and want to donate it back.

Discuss your experiences with purchasing the XO though the G1G1 program here. First impressions or whatever else is important to you. Mention it here!

I'm not using it and want to donate it back.

Postby stevewa206 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:45 pm

Hi,
It turns out I'm not using my OLPC. Someone else should use it. Where can I send it back as a donation?
stevewa206

Re: I'm not using it and want to donate it back.

Postby culseg » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:23 am

Maybe one of the community groups will respond to your post and then you can donate your XO directly.

If not, then see this: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Donate_Your_Get_One
culseg
Support Team

Postby pennyg » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:02 pm

Hello,

I will be going to spend the winter/spring in a small village in Costa Rica (Lanas) and will be taking my g1g1 to donate to the local elementary school. I would love to take another! My daughter, who is already there, took two regular laptops on her return to Lanas last month, which were donated by a group in Portland, Oregon (Free Geek). The school has an existing wireless (via sat) provided by the government, but no computers. Lanas is a small village which has had electricity for only a couple of years. Most children only complete the lower grades of school (don't know the exact statistics). There is also a small high school in the village that services children that can get there from other nearby(?) villages.

Let me know if you are interested in donating it to the children of Lanas. (action4pen@gmail.com)

EDIT - 12/17/08
Apparently there is a problem with donating any computers to the school. I need to get there and see what would be the best way to handle any donations of computers. The teacher was reluctant to accept the computers my daughter took (a problem of where to store them at night). So, until I find out what is best for the community, please disregard this invitation to donate. Thank you.
pennyg

Postby alena » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:45 pm

Hi,
is any possibility to donate it back? Where to send it? It is pity not to use it.
Alena
alena

Postby scifi2nite » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:14 am

Did you ecer get a response on where to send it back?
scifi2nite

Postby Freemor » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:00 am

As mentioned above you can find information of this at:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Donate_Your_Get_One

Hope this helps.
Freemor

Postby suecarroll » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Does anyone know of a place that would like these computers? We bought if for our grandsopn but haven't learned Linux well enough to teach him how to use it. Would like another child to have our, its is essentially brand new,
thanks, Sue
suecarroll

Postby sandy|XO » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:05 pm

suecarroll wrote:Does anyone know of a place that would like these computers? We bought if for our grandsopn but haven't learned Linux well enough to teach him how to use it. Would like another child to have our, its is essentially brand new,
thanks, Sue

There are several programs outlined here for donating your XO to be re-set for another kid somewhere.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Donate_Your_Get_One
sandy|XO

Postby cspannagel » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:03 pm

Sue,
Have you sent your XO back into the organization? I am a teacher and I am looking for XO laptops to send with a non profit organization my class is working with to students in Ghana. We are wanting to create an international math project and we are looking for XO's.
Thank you,
Carie
cspannagel

Return to Give One, Get One ( 2007-2008)