Can you actually give just one laptop?

Discuss your experiences with purchasing the XO though the G1G1 program here. First impressions or whatever else is important to you. Mention it here!

Can you actually give just one laptop?

Postby MtlRbbt2011 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:30 pm

Hello, I am new to the forum and just looking into the program, which is very exciting.

Right now, I would like to give one laptop,not get one. There isn't a child in my life who needs/wants one. However, when I link to the Amazon fulfillment site, it appears that the $199 doesn't actually buy a laptop but the "cash donation" supports the program?

Am I interpreting this correctly? TIA for any clarification you can give to a newbie. :?:

Happy holidays to all. :D
MtlRbbt2011

Re: Can you actually give just one laptop?

Postby AuntiMame » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:39 pm

The $199 donation is a "give" -- its the cost of a laptop.

I agree, the advertising mumbo-jumbo on the amazon page is confusing.

Aunti
http://www.XOExplosion.com
Silly name. Great stuff for your XO laptop.
AuntiMame

Postby MtlRbbt2011 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:35 pm

Ta for your help, Aunti. Age is supposed to bring wisdom (my BDay was Tuesday), not ignorance. 8)

Whew, I'm relieved someone else found the Amazon description a bit confusing. If someone simply wanted to donate $199 or $50 or $275, that would be another matter. In general I just wanted to be certain that my $199 would indeed go to purchase a laptop for someone in Ghana or Mongolia or elsewhere. :wink:

A wonderful holiday season and prosperous New Year to you.
MtlRbbt2011

Postby rogerwillson » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:56 am

No way. If i give you mine then what will i do?
Mind Games
rogerwillson

Postby prestonwatson » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:27 am

Hi,

I don't think more people will contribute in this program because the amount given in charity is a big amount. Again you never know what the money will be used for. If I want to help a needy then I will give a laptop directly to a person who needs it rather contributing to Amazon. It's my view.
prestonwatson

Return to Give One, Get One ( 2007-2008)