Where can I get one or can somebody donate me one?

Discuss your experiences with purchasing the XO though the G1G1 program here. First impressions or whatever else is important to you. Mention it here!

Where can I get one or can somebody donate me one?

Postby vangbe » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:01 pm

I'm looking for one so I can send it to my cousin in Laos. They can't afford these kinds of things and they want me to send them a computer, but I don't have the money to buy them a laptop or computer either. Can somebody send me a few or atleast one? It's so they can use it at school or at home. I don't know which part of laos they are from, but it's not in the city. I suppose they can be consider hmong refugees who's now currently living in laos. If you're eligible to help, then please contact me as soon as possible.
vangbe

Re: Where can I get one or can somebody donate me one?

Postby ektoric » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:43 pm

ektoric
Support Team

Postby vangbe » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:50 pm

I made a post here.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... AYDjZn&r=w

concerning this laptop..
I'm just curious am I wrong? I need some help. Some of my relatives in Laos don't attend schools.

I just want one or a few so I can send it to them.
vangbe

Postby ImaniKibwezi » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:01 pm

I am aware of the XO 1.5 contributors program; however, we use a small number of XO-1 systems in a stateside (U.S.A.) after-school public school(s) tutoring program. Basically all the students are immigrants. The ones we have we got in November and December of 2007 under Give 1 Get 1 when we got six ($400 contribution each). The only ones we would like in the program (if able to add any) are the generation 1, which we have updated from time to time. In summer 2008 it was update 703 and then later 8.01 and 8.02 and so forth. I understand yet another update is due on or near December 14 2010.
ImaniKibwezi

Postby sandy|XO » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:12 pm

ImaniKibwezi wrote:I am aware of the XO 1.5 contributors program; however, we use a small number of XO-1 systems in a stateside (U.S.A.) after-school public school(s) tutoring program. Basically all the students are immigrants. The ones we have we got in November and December of 2007 under Give 1 Get 1 when we got six ($400 contribution each). The only ones we would like in the program (if able to add any) are the generation 1, which we have updated from time to time. In summer 2008 it was update 703 and then later 8.01 and 8.02 and so forth. I understand yet another update is due on or near December 14 2010.

Folks that want to donate their XO 1.0s are directed to the following wiki page.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Donate_Your_Get_One

You can login as a user at the wiki and then edit that page to add your after school program. Add your info in a similar format as others have used...to the latter section of the North American listings.

Send me a message if you need help.

Sandy
sandy|XO

Return to Give One, Get One ( 2007-2008)