Refocusing the purpose and direction of forum.laptop.or

Do you have a suggestion for this site or an idea that will make the site better? This forum is for you.

Refocusing the purpose and direction of forum.laptop.or

Postby HoboPrimate » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:20 pm

I'm completely new to this forum as far as participating goes, but have been lurking for a while, and so I hope you don't mind (and discard) this thread completely.

Perhaps this forum needs for some discussion to occur by its users and by OLPC volunteers about where the forum is at, and where it should be. I hope you don't mind me saying, but olpcnews forum is doing a better service in some areas than this one (nevermind its parent site, the sometimes trashy, sometimes interesting tabloid): support for once.

Having said that, I don't mean for forum.laptop to stop being a place where we can find and give technical help and support; what I'm asking is to more pervasively focus on the goals of OLPC, of learning learning with computing technologies.

What changes am i talking in concrete? I'm asking for the discussion and your opinions on:

1 - containment of mailing lists to a specific sub-forum tree, "OLPC Mailing Lists" .
2 - redesign of current forum categories/structure to help create a community focused on the goals of the OLPC. I'm amazed that olpcnews forum contains a Constructionism sub-forum, and this one doesn't!

Looking forward to your opinions and comments
HoboPrimate

Return to Forum Announcements & Feedback