lost posts?

Do you have a suggestion for this site or an idea that will make the site better? This forum is for you.

lost posts?

Postby pgf » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:05 am

you just threw away all posts made today?

sheesh. (am i missing something?)

paul
pgf

Re: lost posts?

Postby brisalta » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:43 pm

I noticed a bunch of posts disappeared when they migrated from Vanilla to phpBB. It would be nice if they could be restored. In particular thatseattleguy's post "Give 1, Get 1: Misuse of the Wiki pages by some of the press" which had some insightful comments on press distortion of items posted on boards.
Another problem that arose because of the migration is that all the url's for the posts changed, breaking links from other sites.
brisalta

Re: lost posts?

Postby mburns » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:36 pm

First, just to be clear, we didn't purposely leave any posts out.

There were only two cases of any known posts not being caried over. I'm planning to hand move them over the week. The first were posts made to the Vanilla board. There is no migration scripts (that we were able to find, links welcome?) for Vanilla -> phpBB2/3. I'm going to write one, but it will take a couple days until I have the time. The second was the "G1G1 - Give 1, Get 1" forum from olpchelp.com. This was a data handling blip, and I'm planning to restore them as well. Probably in the next few days.
mburns
Support Team

Return to Forum Announcements & Feedback