For those following along, let me push back the RSS deployment a bit further, but its worth it.
My goal is to launch a mildly updated (with RSS feeds) website this weekend. This will, if all goes well, correspond with a third-party OLPC forum merge. Launching these two pending changes will just mean less downtime and juggling with the site, which is why I would like to do it.
Don't worry, this merge one will be painless. We're not changing forum software, we're not doing anything tricky, we're only importing with a supported path (phpbb into phpbb), and we have a live test forum that will get the complete approval of the 3 involved admins before it gets pushed onto the 'live' forum during scheduled maintenance.
Sorry to bring bad news, but at the same time, this weekends upgrade should be more than worth it.