Classroom Presenter Activity, looking for teacher input

Coordination of teachers and educational content for the XO.

Classroom Presenter Activity, looking for teacher input

Postby uw_matt » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:12 am

Hello,

I represent a group of students from the Computer Science & Engineering department at the University of Washington (UW), in Seattle, Washington. This Spring, we plan to develop an activity for the XO called Classroom Presenter. We would like to get in touch with teachers and educators who would be interested in testing our activity and who could provide feedback on usability and possible improvements. We will begin development starting at the end of March.

The Classroom Presenter activity is loosely based on the UW Classroom Presenter application for Windows, and we would be very eager to talk with teachers who have used Classroom Presenter for Windows and who would like to try Classroom Presenter for the XO.

The Classroom Presenter activity will enable students and teachers to collaboratively present information using XO laptops in a classroom setting. Teachers use Classroom Presenter to create or load a slide deck on the XO as part of a collaborative lesson plan. The slides are distributed to each student's XO. Each student can make notes and changes to the slides by adding digital ink. Students can then submit their changes to the teacher, and the teacher can present submissions to the class for discussion.

If there are any teachers who would be interesting in communicating with us, please contact me directly. We would initially like to ask some questions, and would later like to have teachers use the activity and provide feedback.

Mathias Klous
mgklous@cs.washington.edu

Links:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Classroom_Presenter
http://classroompresenter.cs.washington.edu/
uw_matt

Re: Classroom Presenter Activity, looking for teacher input

Postby Isafanhp » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:01 am

Hi, I recently joined here and read your post. It's a very nice idea. I'm very curious at it.
Can I still participate in?
Isafanhp

Re: Classroom Presenter Activity, looking for teacher input

Postby ImaniKibwezi » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:27 am

Mathias Klous
I, too, am interested in how this turned out. I have a friend who is a new (freshman) student in a tech university in Virginia studying OLPC XO and its use.
ImaniKibwezi

Return to Teachers, Students & Educatiors