OLPC Brochure

Make local contacts near you, and around the world.

OLPC Brochure

Postby Pfhortipfhy » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:18 pm

Hi, I'm new. There's this school project I've been assigned, and the purpose is to basically make a difference in the world, and I chose the OLPC to be my way of helping people, by either raising money, or just informing people about what they can do on their own. I have a track meet tomorrow, and I'd like to be able to fundraise there. I kind of envisioned myself handing out brochures about the OLPC, and then collecting money. Unfortunately, I don't have time to make a brochure, so if anyone's made some good ones, or there is an official one I haven't been able to find, please upload it! Many thanks! :mrgreen:
Pfhortipfhy

Re: OLPC Brochure

Postby TJB » Sat May 03, 2008 3:41 am

Well, you found out that if you post a request at 6:00PM the day before you need something, it's probably too late.

Still, it seems that this is a good thread to have this link in: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Image:XO_Software.ppt, though it does only cover the software side of things.

Just curious, what were you going to do with the money you were going to collect?
TJB

Postby Pfhortipfhy » Sun May 04, 2008 1:20 pm

Donate it, to that little paypal thing on the page.

Even without the brochure, I got $70 (and a sunburn)!

EDIT:
"This file may contain malicious code?!?"
Pfhortipfhy

Postby TJB » Mon May 05, 2008 3:12 am

Good for you! And I hope you did well at the track meet, too!

The "malicious code" warning is a blanket notice about file formats (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) that are capable of harboring things that can cause problems for you. It's a reminder to scan the file with your current anti-virus program.
TJB

Return to Regional Groups and International Groups