screen trouble

Discuss peripherals for the XO and power management.

screen trouble

Postby jayhawk pride » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:52 pm

over the past week i have had troubles with the screen of my XO. About a week ago i powered it on and the right half of the screen was gray. I could see everything fine, but that side of the screen was lighter than the other side. I powered down, and then up again and it worked fine. A few days later i encoutered the same problem, but this time, turning the XO off and back on did not solve the problem. I let it sit for a day, came back, and it turned on and it was fine. But when I opened an application it reverted to the right half gray state momentarily. Also when i was down loading some .pdfs the ok/cancel countdown box would flash gray when a number changed. The next time i powered up the right half of the screen was black, and the left half was now the grayed half. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what may be the problem
jayhawk pride

Re: screen trouble

Postby teefal » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:26 pm

I haven't seen those symptoms, but one of our machines had some flashy parts in certain sections of the screen, though it was intermittent. Best way to describe it is strobe-like raster line patches :)

Seemed to happen where the screen was being updated more recently, though that could be my imagination. Could see it in Browse and other apps. Went away after reboot, but then came back later. Had to ship that laptop off so cannot continue investigations.
teefal

Return to Hardware