Battery died again

Discuss peripherals for the XO and power management.

Battery died again

Postby sphynxbiker » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:57 pm

I have just purchased the third battery for my XO. Does anyone have any tips for making them last longer. They work for about 7 months then gradually it starts shutting down sooner and sooner. Right now it shuts down when the battery indicator reads 75%. I use it for notetaking at school and need it to last at least 2 hours. I had hoped the latest software update would fix it but no luck.
thanks
sphynxbiker
sphynxbiker

Re: Battery died again

Postby superimposedmedia » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:03 pm

Is your battery quitting at 75% used or full?

I found your post while searching for answers on how to order extra batteris for an OLPC.
Where did you purchase your extra batteries?
I'm currently configuring three xos, two for my nieces and one for myself.
myspace.com/superimposedmedia
superimposedmedia

Postby chrstnsln22 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:24 am

I have read in a website that the proper use of a battery is to drain it before you charge or plug the ac adapter to the laptop. Or if you prefer to use the charger, take off the battery. That's how I usually do with my laptop and it's almost a year now and so far, I don't have any issues with my battery. You can also try to flash the bios, sometimes it does work but try using the battery the way i do. When you're at home, use your laptop by just connecting it to the charger without the battery.

Hope this works for you.

Christine
Last edited by culseg on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove ad
chrstnsln22

Postby aliahlewis » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:48 am

I agree with chrstnsl whenever you are at home or at place where you can use plug and charge your XO, at that time don't use battery and use charger. It will help to battery live long. You can also take help of some software available on net which extends battery life.
aliahlewis

Postby jecourdclearck » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:39 am

Dear I just found Genuine Replacement Battery for the XO-1 Laptop from OLPC (One Laptop Per Child). This is the BYD LiFePO4 battery. I think it will become a useful to you so just replace your battery.
jecourdclearck

Return to Hardware