Help please!Why Brand New OLPC cannot boot ?

Discuss peripherals for the XO and power management.

Help please!Why Brand New OLPC cannot boot ?

Postby tinghar » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:29 am

Hello:

I have received the brand new xo laptop ,but when I plugged in adaptor ,the charging light is orange,
when power on the button,the green power light turn on,but have no any signs of booting,it is black screen as I have not pressed the power button?

Do I have to fully charged before power it on?(But I think it can use ac adaptor directly ,isn't it ?)

Can some one help me,thanks,otherwise I have to sent it back to the seller if it cannot solved.

"green power on LED and no display" is my situation

the machine is from manufactuing date is 2007 ,I do not know where is come from,
possibly from Buy one give one.

no firmware can be update ,
I have followed the "no fail update" to try update the firmware but still fail in this bricked OLPC!
It cannot show any # message "Release the game key to continue" appears on the screen.
Because the display is still quiet ,no backlight either.

Have came across some fix clock topic,but after several hour of reading I still get no idea of what is a
OLPC Serial Adapter ,therefore is there other easier method to make it live again,I really love this machine but only have no chance to see it booting!
tinghar

Re: Help please!Why Brand New OLPC cannot boot ?

Postby Tiel08 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:35 pm

Have you been able to figure it out, tinghar? Does the orange light always stay on or is there a point when it is fully charged and shows that? Doe you hear any booting or operating noises at all? Because if you do then It looks like as if the backlight may be broken. Try to move the screen, like closing and opening it in rapid succession. Or tilt it. That way you can see if its maybe just a short. If you're comfortable with it, you could open up the screen and check and if necessary, replace the light.
All generalizations are bad. ~R.H. Grenier
Check out my USB Flash Drive Blog
Tiel08

Re: Help please!Why Brand New OLPC cannot boot ?

Postby peterjerry2010 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:55 pm

tinghar wrote:Hello:

I have received the brand new xo laptop ,but when I plugged in adaptor ,the charging light is orange,
when power on the button,the green power light turn on,but have no any signs of booting,it is black screen as I have not pressed the power button?

Do I have to fully charged before power it on?(But I think it can use ac adaptor directly ,isn't it ?)

Can some one help me,thanks,otherwise I have to sent it back to the seller if it cannot solved.

"green power on LED and no display" is my situation

the machine is from manufactuing date is 2007 ,I do not know where is come from,
possibly from Buy one give one.

no firmware can be update ,
I have followed the "no fail update" to try update the firmware but still fail in this bricked OLPC!
It cannot show any # message "Release the game key to continue" appears on the screen.
Because the display is still quiet ,no backlight either.

Have came across some fix clock topic,but after several hour of reading I still get no idea of what is a
OLPC Serial Adapter ,therefore is there other easier method to make it live again,I really love this machine but only have no chance to see it booting!

Sorry Frnd... No idea.

peter jerry
Best buy USA
Best buy Store
Discount electronics
electronics store
peterjerry2010

Return to Hardware