tmobile hot spot ?

Discuss solutions for wired and wireless usage for sharing and Internet connectivity.

Postby unrequited » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:09 am

http://64.34.176.239/get_ref.html

You don't need to wait for a customer service email or anything. If you have your XO already, just look on the box for the PO number 70000XXXXX (where X is different for everybody) and just put this information into the link above. It'll give you all the info you need to get your T-Mobile account up and running.

Unfortunately I've moved from this board to a couple others such as http://www.olpcnews.com/forum/ which have information a lot quicker, and there are a lot more people posting there. I'll still try and check up here and pass along any info which hasn't trickled down yet.
-Unrequited
unrequited

No 7000 #

Postby CBSXO » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:50 am

Thank you so much. This is what has been driving me CRAZY. I have looked at EVERY number on the TWO boxes (shipped separately,) at least Ten times and there is NO 7000#. Both of the "PO" #s start with 9121. Could this be because she ordered over the phone (I think) instead of the Internet?

Thanks,
Charlie
CBSXO

700000 search...

Postby robby » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:14 am

Hi,

Just in case this helps... possibly in combination with steam from a teakettle to remove a label or two...

My box had seven stickers of various kinds, including two newer and one older overlapping address stickers... the two new ones had big "H" marks, possibly because it was a FedEx home delivery, and one of them almost completely covered the 70000 number...

The obscured sticker had a big barcode at the bottom and three sections above:
FROM/DE:
TO/A:
TERMS: ...

That last "Terms" section includes a line that says : "PO: 700000etc."

The Terms section of a newer sticker on the /side/ of the box -- one that does NOT say "H" or "FedEx" anywhere, but just begins with my name -- had the same magic 70000.. number too, but in much smaller type (maybe 7 point) that I hadn't noticed until just now.

Hope that does the trick...
robby

Almost no hair left to tear out...

Postby CBSXO » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:28 am

Thanks to EVERYONE. I think this is just HOPELESS. I looked on the sticker you mentioned, robby, and it has terms : 30 - NET 30 and the 9121 PO # and aside from the bar code, which isn't 7000 either it just has a "ONE10008" number under "TO/A"
And, sorry to say, no stickers buried underneath.
ARRGGGHH!

I'm sure I'll be laughing about this in a few days...

Charlie
CBSXO

Postby intrader » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:54 pm

CBSXO: So sorry, that you are having the problems your grandmother is having.
Try http://olpc.osuosl.org/forum/index.php as another source of answers. Also, when I tried to get my tmobile pin before receiving the XO, I called a number at the OLPC support organization and they were very helpful
intrader

Postby intrader » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:56 pm

CBSXO;831 wrote:Thank you so much. This is what has been driving me CRAZY. I have looked at EVERY number on the TWO boxes (shipped separately,) at least Ten times and there is NO 7000#. Both of the "PO" #s start with 9121. Could this be because she ordered over the phone (I think) instead of the Internet?

Thanks,
Charlie

Another thing, the organization that delivered the XO has tracking numbers leading to the OLPC organization and tmobile.
TMobile was also very helpful and found my account via my name, not just my email.:)
intrader

Postby CBSXO » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:58 pm

Thanks for your information. Do you happen to know which numbers you called at OLPC and TMobile? Having those numbers would be very helpful.

Charlie
CBSXO

Phonw numbers

Postby intrader » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:32 am

For OLPC organization 617-452-5663
For TMobile 877.822.7768
intrader

Postby CBSXO » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:28 pm

Thanks for the phone numbers. I got in touch with OLPC today and they are looking into my situation.

Charlie
CBSXO

Glad to be of help

Postby intrader » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:45 am

have fun with the XO!
intrader

Mesh people

Postby gwallace » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:55 am

starfish;462 wrote:I see mesh people around in my apartment complex. When I try to connect to them, nothing happens. Chat doesn't do anything. They don't want to talk to me :(

I have a few "mesh" icons on my XO also, but I think they're just the other computers and printer on our home wireless network. The number is just right.
Last edited by gwallace on Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gwallace

connecting to mesh networks

Postby tam » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:42 pm

A kind soul named Tom Hoffman has voluntarily set up a server to let XO people chat via their mesh networks. xochat. org Find instructions at

http://www.tuttlesvc.org/2007/12/xochatorg-up.html

I just set mine up last night and had limited success--entered a chat for a few minutes to lurk, but when I switched to a different network to see if anything was going on there (it wasn't) and then switched back, the first chat had vanished.
tam

Re: tmobile hot spot ?

Postby SLNT34 » Wed May 21, 2008 10:47 pm

I don't mean to sound redundant, but I recently got my labtop and cannot figure out how to connect. I have read through numerous posts regarding this issue and still no help. I have a wireless network at my home (Belkin). I input the wireless code (which happen to be all numbers) and it won't connect. Now, I know that it should be a number and letter combination, so therefore could it be converted to that format? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, how do you control the volume. Actually, where is it located?
SLNT34

Re: tmobile hot spot ?

Postby ektoric » Thu May 22, 2008 12:20 pm

SLNT34 wrote:I don't mean to sound redundant, but I recently got my labtop and cannot figure out how to connect.

That's a great question that deserves its own thread. This thread is talking about how to get the tmobile hotspot subscriptions. Please feel free to create another topic, as I am holding myself back from eagerly trying to engage this question in this stale thread :P
ektoric
Support Team

Previous

Return to Networking / Internet