can't figure out how to connect 2 xo's to chat/share

Discuss solutions for wired and wireless usage for sharing and Internet connectivity.

can't figure out how to connect 2 xo's to chat/share

Postby toninic » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:49 pm

My sister and I just got an xo each, and we can't seem to connect to each other. I thought this would happen automatically, but nothing shows up on the group screen, even when the 2 xo's are side by side. We both connect to the same mesh network in the neighborhood screen, and this doesn't work either. Can anyone tell me what we need to do to make our xo's chat?
toninic

Re: can't figure out how to connect 2 xo's to chat/share

Postby LarryGB » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:35 am

For beginning linux commands - http://www.linux.org/lessons/beginner/index.html
For intermediate linux commands - add /interm/index.html
For advanced linux commands - add /advanced/index.html
LarryGB

Postby Grandma » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:40 am

We had a meeting in Vancouver (Canada) last weekend with about 20 users and we were able to connect.

These are the steps to follow:

1). From either one of the laptops open chat;

2). On the top left hand corner of the screen it gives you the option of "Private" or "Neighborhood": choose neighborhood. While at neighborhood the chat icon will immediately appear next to the person that opened the program.

3). Then from the second laptop just join the chat by clicking on the chat icon that had just appeared in neighborhood.

Hope this helps.

Grandma
Grandma

Postby tdang » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:52 am

When you say your sister's XO doesn't show up, do you mean:
  • it doesn't show up in the group screen (three dot button), or
  • it doesn't show up in the neighborhood screen (lotsa dot button)?
It should show up in the neighborhood, as another XO-kid. If it doesn't then there's a problem. It's not supposed to show up automatically in the group screen. Her XO shouldn't show up there until you've made her your friend. (I forget exactly, I think you make her your friend by hovering over her icon in the neighbor hood, and you'll get that option.) In any case, you won't need to make her your friend to share the way Grandma suggests.

-Timothy
tdang

Return to Networking / Internet