Wireless Connection at School

Discuss solutions for wired and wireless usage for sharing and Internet connectivity.

Wireless Connection at School

Postby Quracen » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:24 am

Hello everyone. I just wanted to begin by telling you I appreciate all of your help.

Anyways I recently moved to my dorm and I have been having a problem with my internet connection from day one. When I lived at home I had a Belkin wireless router, which was how I got my internet connection and it worked very well, but when I moved here it turns out the school was still in the process of installing wireless in the dorms so I had to use an ether net cable. For the first few days I could not get the internet to work, but after fiddling around with the settings I was able to remedy the situation. Now, however, I am unable to get a wireless connection in places where my friends can. I am afraid it may have to do with some of the fiddling I did, but I don't know how to fix it. Whenever I try to get on the wireless network I find the correct network and the computer says that it is connected both to the local and internet network, but it should be asking me for a user name and password before it can connect and it is doing no such thing. I did a little searching online and I saw somewhere that said that if I put in 64.233.167.99 into my browser and if I get google then it was a DNS problem, but I don't know if it is true nor how to fix it.

I use a Gateway laptop with Vista.

If you need any other information I will be happy to oblige.
Quracen

Re: Wireless Connection at School

Postby koolkat » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:19 pm

Ask your student tech squad. This is for the XO laptop, which lacks a wired ethernet port.
koolkat
Support Team

Return to Networking / Internet