Internet connection

Discuss solutions for wired and wireless usage for sharing and Internet connectivity.

Internet connection

Postby candicebaldwin » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:42 pm

I purchased an OLPC for my daughter last Christmas. We connected to the internet using our Linksys router not using a encryption key. When others in my household wanted to use the wireless network we had to add a key in order to allow other users and to secure the network. Now my OLPC will not connect. I tried the get passkey instructions for the hex key and when I entered the key, I still did not connect. Then, I disconnected the WPA security and the OLPC logged in. I do not want to have to disable everytime my daughter wants to get online. What do I do now? I also have a wireless network at my office that is currently not secure, what kind of problems will I encounter there if she wants to use her OLPC when I secure that network as well. Help.
candicebaldwin

Re: Internet connection

Postby rynmackz » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:19 pm

I agree about what johnspells said that using unsecured network it is very dangerous for OLPC and by the way I think you must read this one.http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Encryption_software
rynmackz

Re: Internet connection

Postby peterjerry2010 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:04 pm

Have tried using WPA instead of WEP?
WPA is better in the long run, WEP is easy to crack....

peter jerry !
peterjerry2010

Return to Networking / Internet