Hello, sorry to bother you with an non-OLPC question, but since OLPC project is one of the few communities that actually have first hand knowledge on operating a 802.11s mesh-network I'd greatly appreciate if some of you could answer few questions I'm having trouble finding answers for my thesis.
1) Is there a theoretical maximum number of nodes in 802.11s/OLPC mesh network? and what factors define the maximum size?
2) What is the maximum amount of hops a mesh-path can have ( is the latency a issue for TCP/IP, or something else)?
3) What is the mean latency/hop in multihop path?
4) What is the largest tested mesh that has been created with XO-gear?
5) Does the gear used in XO apply automatic channel selection/change in case of interference?
6) Is it possible to apply 802.11n technology with 802.11s mesh?
7) Has node mapping/triangulation been applied with 802.11s/OLPC-gear?
8) I found the test plan for the 100 laptop mesh, but I can't find any info about the actual test. Has it been done?
All information or pointers where to find answers will be deeply appreciated. Thanks!