From Camera to Internet

Discuss solutions for wired and wireless usage for sharing and Internet connectivity.

From Camera to Internet

Postby GloriousXO » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:57 pm

Can anyone help me upload pictures to the internet via a SD Card and the OLPC?

Thank You,
Talia :)
GloriousXO

Re: From Camera to Internet

Postby ncarrol » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:09 pm

It may depend on the site you are uploading to.

On the site I use for pictures, it is a menu choice "add picture". A menu screen appears with a box for the name of the file to upload from the XO and a "Browse" option (just barely visible at the right of screen). I select "Browse" and the journal entries are show up, including any files that are on my USB Drive, which is plugged into the XO. I select the picture and its name appears in the box for the file to add to my pictures. I hit enter to start upload.

If I select a picture from the Journal on the XO, the name that appears is some type of temporary file name that is used by the XO for storage. If I select a file from the USB drive, its file name is "what you see is what you get".

My way around this is just to copy all my picture files to a USB drive before hand - then all the files have original names. I can also rename pictures after I upload them.

This is for the USB drive, and I assume it is the same for an SD card.
ncarrol

Postby kendustin7 » Thu May 20, 2010 8:49 am

I generally does this to view the picture from SD card. Insert the SD card then go into journals then click on the photo, immediately an window will open. Put your mouse on the upper side of the window there a menu will appear which will ask for what you want to do.
kendustin7

Postby zahaana » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:16 pm

Using SD card and uploading picture to internet are 2 different tasks. You can access SD card from the PC and copy it to your usual hard disk drive and then you can upload it to internet.
zahaana

Return to Networking / Internet