Default OLPC Homepage

Discuss solutions for wired and wireless usage for sharing and Internet connectivity.

Default OLPC Homepage

Postby gwensmom » Mon May 17, 2010 10:21 pm

When we got our XO, the browse activity went directly to a very useful OLPC homepage--very kid friendly. When I tried to upgrade to 802, I lost my activities. I successfully reverted but lost the auto-connect and that homepage.

Can anyone advise what the default OLPC homepage is? How do I make it my homepage again? And how do I get my XO to auto_connect again?
gwensmom

Re: Default OLPC Homepage

Postby ncarrol » Tue May 18, 2010 11:08 am

For autoconnect, see the manual under network -- it has a really good explanation. The first step it gives is to go to the Neighborhood view and click on the icon for your access point / wireless router.

http://laptop.org/8.2.0/manual/

The best way to handle the homepage issue is to open your browser from the Journal. Start by opening the browser from the main page and visit the site. A Journal entry will be created with the site as the startup site. When you click on the entry, you will go directly to your site. You can create several "home pages" by repeating this -- separate entry icons will appear in the Journal. There may be a command line way of doing this, but I prefer this way, which gives me serveral "homepages".
ncarrol

Return to Networking / Internet