Using the camera with DebXO

Discuss Sugar, upgrades and developer perspectives.

Using the camera with DebXO

Postby roystonlodge » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:54 pm

Similar to my question about using the gamepad buttons in DebXO, is there a way to take photos and/or videos with the built-in camera using DebXO?

I installed cheese from apt, but it simply crashed. I also tried camorama, but it game me an error message that it couldn't access /dev/video0

Is this a problem with the client programs I'm using, or do I need to change some settings?

Thanks in advance!
MY COLLECTION: OLPC XO-1/DebXO/LXDE
Mac Mini G4 1.25/OSX 10.4 | HP dv6000/Windows XP
Compaq e500/Damn Small Linux | Various old laptops/Debian/LXDE
roystonlodge

Re: Using the camera with DebXO

Postby roystonlodge » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:48 pm

Oh yeah, I've also tried fswebcam, vgrabbj, mplayer, vlc media player, etc, etc. I get errors with all of them. So my guess is that I have v4l2 set up incorrectly, or something like that.
MY COLLECTION: OLPC XO-1/DebXO/LXDE
Mac Mini G4 1.25/OSX 10.4 | HP dv6000/Windows XP
Compaq e500/Damn Small Linux | Various old laptops/Debian/LXDE
roystonlodge

Postby harris » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:31 am

I have installed DebXo but some problem occurred. Is there a way to remap the gamepad buttons and d-pad in debian? I would like to use the gamepad with zsnes, mame, and other applications. Unfortunately, I get zero functionality from the buttons and the d-pad.
harris

Postby kendustin7 » Thu May 20, 2010 8:32 am

I am trying to use webcam with DebXo but not getting it to work . My computer recognizes the webcam but some error is coming webcam cannot be found. Really don't understand whether it is possible to use or not but still thinks it is possible as it is recognizing it.
kendustin7

Return to Sugar, Linux and System Software