OTHER USES FOR PC´S BOOST ECONOMY,WELFARE,HEALTH & FOOD

Share uncovered secrets, useful notes, guides and hacks!

Is this right?

Yes, adding suggestion
73%
No, explaining reasons.
27%

Total votes : 59

OTHER USES FOR PC´S BOOST ECONOMY,WELFARE,HEALTH & FOOD

Postby dagoflores » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:47 am

The adoption of these Green PC´s at any country will permit:

1.- A quantum jump in quality of education as it permits every child, youngster, and adult to have its own PC, with access to all free textbooks, encyclopedias, educational games, etc.

2,- Will permit the development of policies of NOT EXPORTING WORKERS but IMPORTING JOBS, as India, China, and some other countries are doing by doing remote jobs over Internet.

3..- In Australia where distances to neighbors is measured not in feet, but IN HOURS OF FLIGHT, medical doctors have developed systems to counsel with their clients through Internet; the application of such techniques might put the health services within reach of the rural and small communities population, without building expensive installations all over the Nation.

4.- It might also bring counseling about Problems in: Homework & Study, Domestic & Familiar, Entrepreneur & Small Business Owner, Social & Governmental activities, which my given by disabled, elders, and parents of “special childrenâ€ÂÂ
Green PC´s can improve Education, Welfare, Health & Economics, of Children, Adults, Elders, & Disabled.
dagoflores

As McLuhan said, tribalizing of society will be a NEW WORLD

Postby dagoflores » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:56 am

The ability to communicate instantly with any person, dialog with them and make instant polls and votes, as in primitive tribes, will change Society forever, for Good or Worse, says Marshall McLuhan, and as the bill says, "IN GOD WE TRUST"

McLuhan Site
Green PC´s can improve Education, Welfare, Health & Economics, of Children, Adults, Elders, & Disabled.
dagoflores

Postby Charbax » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:13 am

I think also that if everything about this Linux 100$ laptop is implemented perfectly, that it will definately save the world.

Look how bad thingsd are going with Bush being the conservative idiot president with no imagination, always talking about terrorists and only thinking about getting some billions into the pocket of the rich. During all this time so many kids in the world don't have proper education.

Now they can all get a perfect Linux laptop and we can make sure they all get onto the internet with satellite, wimax antennas and lots of wifi mesh hubs..

They will revolutionize the world, and with those perfect laptops they will actually overtake the western civilization with all of our proprietary and expensive and slow computer equipment.
Charbax

Just a thought on mesh network

Postby cbryer10 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:59 pm

If the xo's were in enough hands within a neighborhood and the mesh networking works as touted. Think of what that would do for neighborhood security and quality of life within those neighborhoods. Dare I say community would take on an old fashioned look. People would have instant access to their neighbors who have their xo turned on. If trouble broke out, a fire started, any conceived problem happened xo users would be able to reach someone. People might start looking after other people they live next to. The person walking by might not be that nameless face anymore but that fellow xo'er down the block.

Could a "$100.00" laptop replace the old fashioned front porch within a community? Just a thought.........
cbryer10

ID unit in connection mesh

Postby BoBraxton » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:02 pm

Since I do not yet have the four ordered systems, I am curious about what kind of identification each unit shows when connecting to each other. I should find out within a few days, since the first One is already here.
BoBraxton

Return to Tips, Tricks & Tutorials