Videoconferencing on the OLPC XO?

Share uncovered secrets, useful notes, guides and hacks!

Videoconferencing on the OLPC XO?

Postby intelliot » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:39 am

Can it do it?
I bought an OLPC through G1G1 and thus have an extra T-Mobile year of wi-fi access which I don't need. Do you want it? Let me know.
intelliot

chat

Postby captain.ratsie » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:17 pm

i believe the camera, speakers and mike were to enable video chat,,, don't know how choppy it Will be with the low resources.. but if you keep the frame rate down it should be OK .......... I just went looking on their site and didn't see the words video chat ,,but all the equipment is there it would be silly not to ...especially with the emphasis on collaboration,,,,, I ordered my 2 very early ,,,ill let ya know///////////update////// the short answer is not yet ...if you search the wiki for activities there is a video chat but its only half baked,,not ready yet ,,,,,more to come
:::::=8=::::::::::=8=::::::::::>-o-ooo-o-+
+ <>< + human life is sacred pray for an end to killing everywhere + <>< +
captain.ratsie

Postby Torokun » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:30 am

I remember reading something about one of the programs that OLPC will have is Power Point like program...

I have no idea how robust the XOs' hardware is to support video conferencing...

But, I don't see why not...

If you expect XO to project full HD videos, you are probably looking at a wrong device...
Torokun

conference

Postby BoBraxton » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:52 pm

As long as one primary school class can interact with other classes in the same school in the "bush" in East Africa we're all set to go (summer, 2008).
BoBraxton

Return to Tips, Tricks & Tutorials