Is it possible to copy/paste anywhere?

Share uncovered secrets, useful notes, guides and hacks!

Is it possible to copy/paste anywhere?

Postby haus » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:00 pm

I've searched and only found one post with "copy" and "paste" in it that was another user's comment about copy/paste functionality not being available in all activities. I also looked in the online "getting started" manual and didn't see anything, though I may have simply missed it.

This issue came up this morning when I received my developer key in the browse activity. The page says I might need to write the URL down, which I've done, but I wonder if there's an easy way to copy and paste the entire wget line into the console? Which turns into the more general question: is there a system-wide copy/paste function on the XO?

Quick edit: the control-c and control-v mentioned in the Wiki users guide don't work between browse and console or between browse and terminal (I just get ^V when I try to control-V).
haus

Re: Is it possible to copy/paste anywhere?

Postby HoboPrimate » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:43 pm

In the current stable build, you can't paste in the Terminal. In the development (joyride) builds, it does have it. You copy and paste using Shift-Ctrl-c and Shift-Ctrl-v (the shift usually added in terminals, so that it doesn't conflict with other Ctrl-* commands of programs you can run in it (like Nano).

Btw, and I don't mean this to put you down, but your post shows the need to have clearer forum names and descriptions. If I'm am correct on this, the Tips, Tricks & Tutorial is intended to post tips and guides, not request them :)
HoboPrimate

Postby haus » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:52 pm

You're absolutely right, that was my mistake...though I suppose your answer could be construed as a tip. :)

If the mods can move my thread I'd be grateful. I am not able to delete it myself, apparently.
haus

Postby franco » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:37 pm

In build 653 I have copied and pasted in Terminal, and between Browser, Terminal, and Write using the middle button of a USB mouse. It was not possible with the touchpad or ctl-c/v. But now I see that build 656 is out. Haven't loaded that one yet.
If I give advice it is usually because I did it / tested it successfully on my XO. I will warn you otherwise.
franco
Support Team

Postby matt91 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:17 am

doesn't appear to work in 656 either
matt91

Postby franco » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:06 am

Just loaded 656. If there is a cut and paste function, I can't figure it out. Only way I can cut and paste, it seems, is with my wireless mouse. The mouse make a lot of things easier.
If I give advice it is usually because I did it / tested it successfully on my XO. I will warn you otherwise.
franco
Support Team

Postby taliaschmalia » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:39 pm

To Copy: Ctrl C.
To paste: Ctrl V.
taliaschmalia

Postby batteryready » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:02 am

To copy: Ctrl + C
To paste: Ctrl + V
It is the best way.
Hey, guys, I'd like to make friends and do business, we sell laptop battery,Apple MacBook 13 inch battery,and so on .
batteryready

Postby carseats » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:19 am

To copy: Ctrl + C
To paste: Ctrl + V
carseats

Return to Tips, Tricks & Tutorials