Looks Can Be Deceiving

Did you give 1 and get 1? Then share your first experiences with your new XO laptop!

Looks Can Be Deceiving

Postby talianicole » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:30 am

When I first saw this computer that my aunt bought for me when I was 14, I was terrified tat it was going to be so complicated. I thought my madre was going to have to use up a load of money just to do updates and install software for this green thing because it looks empty at first glance. But now, that I am at intermediate level for using the XO, I now it sounds cheesy but I feel so proud of it and what I have accomplished with it! I learned how to do programming by using the Pippy and Terminal activities, and I have upgraded to Firefox and am working on doing WINE! I can't wait to see what more this computer has to offer me. And it goes to a good cause.
Talia :P :D
Talia
talianicole

Re: Looks Can Be Deceiving

Postby ektoric » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:21 am

That's awesome! :D And welcome to the XO!

Remember that self learning involves a lot of trial and error so don't be discouraged. But it also brings immense satisfaction once it's conquered!

Also feel confident that there not "too" much you can mess up when you mess around as the "olpc" user. And if you "really" mess up, you can always do a complete USB reinstall. And you'd have to try "reeeally reeeeeeeally" hard to make the XO completely dead from a software perspective.

Have fun!
ektoric
Support Team

Return to First Impressions