HELP!!!! HELLP!!!! PROBLEM WITH ACTIVATTION LEASE!!!!

Basic questions about your XO? Or search on top right for related questions.

HELP!!!! HELLP!!!! PROBLEM WITH ACTIVATTION LEASE!!!!

Postby tecJose123 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:33 pm

omg please help i reprogramed my xo but i didntknow i need a activation lease PLEASE my son is cryong a lot i tried to fix it but i ruined it OMG PLEASE HEPL!!!!!!!!!! someone give me a activation lease or how to get it PLEASE!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
tecJose123

Re: HELP!!!! HELLP!!!! PROBLEM WITH ACTIVATTION LEASE!!!!

Postby ncarrol » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:15 pm

Please give some more information.

If you have an XO from the G1G1 program, then you do not need an activation lease.

If you are part of a school program, the school will have to provide the activation lease.

How did you upgrade the software ?

Try booting with the alternative boot: hold down the "O" game key (under right speaker) while powering on. If successful, look in /security/for the file lease.sig and save it to a USB flash (thumb)drive, so you do not loose it.
ncarrol

Postby tecJose123 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:07 pm

Ok what i did was re-flash my XO but i lost my activation lease please dont tell me to go to olpc help cause i dont have a acount and dont know how to make one to request the activation lease i re-flash my XO but it deleted my lease please help!!! i am begging
tecJose123

Postby ncarrol » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:08 am

You have not said how you received your XO. Is it G1G1 or a school program ??

G1G1 --- you do not need a lease of any kind -- it should work immediately after reflashing.
School Program --- the activation lease can only be obtained from the school -- it is based on the serial number of the XO. You CANNOT get it directly from OLPC or anyone else on the internet.

If your school has an XS school server, then the XO may register itself (get activation lease) automatically if it comes into range of the school's wireless network. Oherwise, the school will use a USB flash drive to load the activation lease onto your computer. ONLY the school can help you.

If the unit is stolen, it can not be activated -- period !!
ncarrol

Postby koolkat » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:53 am

I am guessing that tecJose is either a troll, or received the laptop through a school program, as noted by their complete lack of punctuation, capitalization or correct spelling. Just ignore it and it will go away, or it will learn how to ask a question properly.
koolkat
Support Team

Postby tecJose123 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:58 pm

Ok i really am 11 years old can you tell me a map of Puerto Rico that have a serve for me to activate my XO?Or is there a way to reprogram it with a diferent image and without activation it please help and sorry for wrong spellin i live i n puerto rico and i dont know so much English tell me if there is another way :| :| :|
tecJose123

Postby tecJose123 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:59 pm

OR tell me were i can get ANY activation lease cause this is new this is called Mi Mochila Digital this service in Puerto Rico
tecJose123

Postby ncarrol » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:12 pm

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/No-Fail_Upgrade

Go to school
Go to school
Go to school
ncarrol

Postby tecJose123 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:58 pm

WHAT SCHOOL IN PUERTO RICO MY SCHOOL DOSNT HAVE IT!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!:
tecJose123

Postby tecJose123 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:01 pm

and another question do i need to activate the laptop to re flash it? because i can reflas it to a non need activation lease image
tecJose123

Return to General Questions