I don't know what to do

Basic questions about your XO? Or search on top right for related questions.

I don't know what to do

Postby AlannaAce » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:56 pm

I have had my XO for a while now and I can't for the life of me figure the thing out. I want to run Ubunto on it I did the download stuff and got it to work for a co-worker on her XO but mine doesn't like something about it I have tried several times with no luck any advice will be helpful
AlannaAce

Re: I don't know what to do

Postby ektoric » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:58 pm

It may be worthwhile to spend $15-20 and get an SD card to try your Ubuntu install. That way, if things don't go as planned, you won't brick your XO, and you can always get to your SD to edit files booting from the internal flash.
ektoric
Support Team

Re: I don't know what to do

Postby tomiro » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:42 am

Fedora 10 is available on SD cards. We are still waiting to see if there will be a viable F11 version, however it appears as development is aimed primarily at supporting the next XO hardware version (XO-1.5) which will be out in the next few months and which will most likely be the machine for the next G1G1. On-Disk.com does the official Fedora SD cards so you can find them there when they become available.

There is also a new operating system for the current XO called Xtra Ordinary. It is most likely more of what you are looking for. The SD cards in 4GB, 8GGB, and 16GB sizes are available, however due to the nature of the installs, a downloadable "do-it-yourself" version is not yet available.
see: http://on-disk.com/product_info.php/products_id/881
tomiro

Return to General Questions