What forums should the site have?

Points of views and questions about the OLPC project. What should it be? How could it be better? Where is it needed most? Ask your questions here and let your opinion be known.

What forums should the site have?

Postby mburns » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:12 pm

How should we divide forums?

Community Support will be what is connected to the mailing list, and will be an all-access support line for questions. Comments be posted to the Devel or Sugar lists will begin to migrate to being sent here.

Further

Hardware modding
Software/Activity writing
Content writing, Library
Games?
Open discussion (general talk)
Maybe some popular activities (etoys?) should have subforums.
mburns
Support Team

Re: What forums should the site have?

Postby Steve Holton » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:15 am

mburns wrote:How should we divide forums?

We should probably have a forum for support staff to discuss the meta questions like how do we coordinate support activities, heads-up on upcoming changes we need to be aware of, and to exchange ideas.

Another forum (or maybe an extension of the above) dedicated to training support volunteers.

And what are we using to track support cases (issues centered around a single user) as opposed to bugs (issues centered around the code)?
Steve Holton
Support Team

Add a Wishlist Forum

Postby robjohnston » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:06 pm

As an early user I see some things I wish the system had, but are not bugs or problems. A forum to post these "wishes" would be useful.
robjohnston

Postby phigan » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:24 am

I think those are all excellent ideas. A support-only forum would allow for discussion on what to do with seemingly unsolvable problems. Looks like a wish-list forum is already in place.

Seems with the mailing list being so well integrated with the forum (nice one, Michael), we should be able to search for thread posts by author. Is there any other information a ticketing system would provide? Perhaps it would be used for more technical/seemingly unsolvable problems for "escalation"?
phigan
Support Team

Postby Victoria » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:18 am

I came to the support forum looking for an answer to a question. But it is already 4 pages and everything is mixed up and getting unwieldly fast. Is there some way to divide things up into categories?
G2G2
Victoria

Return to Open Discussion