Welcome!

Points of views and questions about the OLPC project. What should it be? How could it be better? Where is it needed most? Ask your questions here and let your opinion be known.

Re: I'll Have Lots Of Questions!

Postby coline3bettson » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:19 am

ck3d wrote:Hello,
I'm so excited about the OLPC. I also got up at 2:30am pacific to order mine. I never thought to ask if I was first. My order taker did say it had already been a long day for her.
My credit card was charged 2 days ago. They did not charge shipping. Maybe that means my G1G1 is being made, and I'll have another charge when they ship?
I'll try not to worry.
I sort of feel out of my element, as I am not an programer or educator. I have never even used Linux before.
I am very good at figuring things out....but I will have lots of Questions!
Anyone want to step up to the plate, and be the OLPC Guru?

Hello...me too ! I need a step by step OLPC for " Dummies."
Still, feel this project may be my life's ( volunteer ) work.
Coline, Manitoba Canada
day 5 volunteer
Col
coline3bettson

Re: Welcome!

Postby ektoric » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:55 am

Coline,

Hello and welcome! I don't think there's a real comprehensive guide. There are great resources on the wiki, and splatterings around this site (and a previous forum, olpcnews?). The activities are designed for the kids to be "self exploratory" (as opposed to self explanatory). But if you're looking for some of the technical back end stuff, unfortunately I don't think we have a "manual".

On the other hand, that may be something perfect to contribute! You can start your own section on this forum / discussion page on your username on the wiki / personal blog on your learning experiences as you start experimenting, and collect a first rate guide! There are a bunch of great guys on this site that seem always ready to help with excellent answers to in depth questions.

Good luck!
ektoric
Support Team

Previous

Return to Open Discussion