Welcome!

Points of views and questions about the OLPC project. What should it be? How could it be better? Where is it needed most? Ask your questions here and let your opinion be known.

Re: Welcome!

Postby ektoric » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:46 am

dud3ee wrote:Hello everyone

Hi I am new here i have joined few days ago and feeling good to be a part of here, How is everyone and how is everyone doing here :)

Greetings and welcome! Do you have any stories to share of your adventures with your XO?
ektoric
Support Team

Postby stevenmarcell » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:54 am

Hello Everyone,
I am Steven and i am new to this forum. I found it on Google and heard by a lot of people that it was a good place to communicate and learn information.
I hope that i learn a bunch of information while i am here and i hope that i can help contribute to others as well.
stevenmarcell

Postby josethpauline » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:14 pm

How are you doin' guys? you can call me pauline
I am a new member of this forum and I hope I'll have the chance to interact with you all!

have a nice day!
josethpauline

Postby rogerwillson » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:43 am

Hi,

I am Roger Willson,
I am new to this website and yet not introduce myself because i don't get place to introduced myself that's why i have replyed this topic. Actually i am computer science student from US.
I like mostly sad songs. Why because in sad songs you will always get motivational lines in every song. they also gives freshness to mind because of soft music of songs. That's why I like these type of songs. I also like rocking songs, but only in dance parties and in journey.
Mind Games
rogerwillson

Postby dale154 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:40 pm

Hello everyone!!! I just joined these forums and would like to take the time to let you know a little bit about me. I am Dale from Canada and new here, I'm 25 years of age. Glad to join here and I am hoping to make some wonderful friends along the way. I hope to get to know everyone here. Hope to have a great time here. Nice to meet you all.
dale154

A very beginner question on Laptops

Postby Tara » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:20 am

Hi everyone! I am sorry for such a beginner question, but I haven't found the answer on the Wiki so far.
I am helping with a project to purchase/provide computers for a school in Africa. Originally we were going to use old corporate donated computers, but our school does not even have electricity yet. The OLPC program looks like it would be a wonderful solution for us.
The beginner question: Where do I go on this site to work with someone about ordering computers? The computers themselves would be used by children in the Tigray region of Ethiopia where the primary spoken/written language is Tigrinia.

Thank you for any feedback!

Tara
Tara

Postby alexvj » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:02 am

Hi Everyone,

I am Alex New here just joined today I am from South Asia.I have found this forum as a helpful site I am looking around and get to know lots of thing :).Hope to have a great time with you people
alexvj

Postby Linnette » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:58 pm

This may sound funny but I heard someone talking about the OLPC laptop and I wanted to become more familiar with it so I can understand what they are talking about.
Linnette

Postby mmray31 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:21 am

Hi there! I a mmray31 a.k.a. Mary Uy. A Surgeon Student who is also a collector of laptop. as of now, i own 15 Laptops varying from Apple, CompaQ, Sony Vaio, Asus, and Toshiba.
mmray31

Postby pabell003 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:51 pm

Hi there.welcome here and enjoy this time.
pabell003

Postby amanda6 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:27 pm

Hello there everyone. I am new here in this forum. I am so glad to join here and meet new friends and to learn a lot here. I am Amanda. Nice to meet you all guys. Hope to have a great time here. God bless.
amanda6

Postby ignatiusmael » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:00 am

Hi
I am ignatiusmael and i am from Birmingham.
I love shopping, singing and playing guitar.
I love nature and want to contribute to save it.
ignatiusmael

Postby markcasias » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:20 am

hi to everyone, i am also new here! i just join today.....hope to make new friend and stay long here....

best regards,
mark
markcasias

Postby drokmed » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:09 pm

Kilroy was here
drokmed

Postby coline3bettson » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:33 pm

Thanks Starfish !

I am Coline Bettson, new volunteer, from Manitoba Canada.

Thrilled to be able to give an hour a day ( mostly ) to OLPC.

Strengths : ESL teacher ( newly retired) Public Relations, problem solver, creative

"Weakness": no clue how to do Linex, RT, Skype, load the laptop when it arrives. . . soon.

I use a Mac and have medium proficiency on it.

Is there a OLPC for "Dummies" start up / step by step instruction I can follow ?

I have emailed & talked with Adam Hilt and just missed a conference call from Boston. . .

sincerely,
Col
Col
coline3bettson

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion