Welcome!

Points of views and questions about the OLPC project. What should it be? How could it be better? Where is it needed most? Ask your questions here and let your opinion be known.

Re: Welcome!

Postby Sarah Elkins » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:43 pm

generalludd wrote:When i tried to install Flash Media i got as far as a question (in Terminal) what is the "Path". How should i know?. I did find an "about Opera" under file (i think; poor memory unless its in front of me). It did identify paths but not clue as to how to get there. I need a directory of Terminal (non SU) and bash 32 commands.

Regards: Generalludd

In Terminal, try typing in

echo $PATH

or maybe echo $path

You can see environmental settings such as path by typing in

set
Sarah Elkins

Postby gelosialapt » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:15 pm

Flash media player or flash software? Use firefox and it will install pretty quickly
gelosialapt

Postby debra » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:57 pm

Hi, I am getting ready to go to Southern Sudan in 3 weeks, and would like to bring one of the computers to the rural area of Malakal for use by a school that we are building in a remote region - what is my next step? Thank you
debra

Flash install path was: Re: Welcome!

Postby o2bparadis » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:17 am

Hello,

I was wondering if you ever received an answer to your post about the path to install the Fash plugin. I'm stuck at the same roadblock.

Help please.
Alain Paradis
--
Alain Paradis
o2bparadis

Re: Welcome! / No I-net access

Postby ColoradoUsers » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:06 pm

Hi,

If anyone can help, I am struggling to get the XO onto the net. I have wireless access and other laptops working but I can't get the XO out to the net.

Can anyone help?
ColoradoUsers

Postby Jeff » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:36 pm

starfish wrote:Thanks for joining olpchelp.org! Reply to this thread and say "Hello!".

The forums were created as a place to discuss the many different aspects of the OLPC project. We now have more topics to appeal to students, teachers and people who will have to support the OLPC when it finally gets deployed.

Thanks for visiting, and please visit often.

Hello
Jeff

Postby Mon1018 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:22 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if you ever received an answer to your post about the path to install the Fash plugin. I'm stuck at the same roadblock.

Help please.
Andy :lol:
Mon1018

Postby Isafanhp » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:22 am

As this is a welcome thread I'll say Hello!
Hi, I'm Isabel from Peru. I'm a teacher óf Primary School but I'm working now in the OLPC program for my country. I really like the XO cos kids have shown more motivation to study.
Isafanhp

Postby Sarah Elkins » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:13 pm

Glad to hear from you, Isafanhp! I and others would be interested in hearing more about your experiences with your students and OLPC!
Sarah Elkins

Re:

Postby India101 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:04 am

olpc wrote:Hi everyone,

I might sound silly but I am curious how do I buy the OLPC laptop from India?

Regards
Ian

Hi Ian,
Where in India are you?

India101

Postby mcfr4 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:54 pm

Hi, every one

Firts, I'm sorry for my poor English. I try to express me.
I thought this was a wonderful idea, to made a computer for all children of the wold, expecially the children of the 3er World. But I think that this computer can be every interesting for the students of the 1er world. In Spain, the children go to the school with all the books every day, Then his bag weighs a lot of kilos.

I think this computer can replace the text books, and then, the children will not carry weigh, it will be good for the environment and the parents save money every year when the curs begins and the govern save money too, and ..... only the editorials will not be happy.

I hoppe this project will be succssefull. :idea:
mcfr4

Postby no one knows » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:01 am

Hello, this is no one knows all the way from Greenland and i just got in. :)

By the way i`m 14 years old and this is all new to me, i hope we will get along and be good friends. :)
no one knows

Postby abuser4lif3 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:16 pm

Hello to everybody! I rally like this discussion board. It has many topics that are helpful with my OLPC project... Thanks for making this site! I love it!
abuser4lif3

Postby susanspy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:58 pm

Hello all,

Susan here, well i am really thankful for the posters here, i am coming up with a article on OLPC for my college & this place has all i need to know about the same, i will post my articly here as soon as it is done.

Thanks

Cheers!!!
susanspy

Postby dud3ee » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:18 pm

Hello everyone

Hi I am new here i have joined few days ago and feeling good to be a part of here, How is everyone and how is everyone doing here :)
dud3ee

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion