T-MobileInvalid reference number T-Mobile Issues?

Points of views and questions about the OLPC project. What should it be? How could it be better? Where is it needed most? Ask your questions here and let your opinion be known.

T-MobileInvalid reference number T-Mobile Issues?

Postby neepster » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:33 pm

Anyone else getting an error when they try to activate their free T-mobile service?

When I use the reference number in my email I get:

"Invalid reference number

Please click here to try again with other reference no"
neepster

Postby USNaviguide LLC » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:14 am

I finally got my e-mail today with the tracking number. Oddly, I have had my units for days now, so a tracking number is a bit moot.

I used the link provided and got through the initial stages to get the PIN for T-Mobile. Haven't completed the registration process though, but I suspect the rest is just a matter of a few clicks.

I don't need the T-Mobile thing as I use a Verizon PC card for connectivity and can turn my Mac into a hot spot. I'll be giving away the PIN's to a couple of friends who travel a lot and can use the service.
USNaviguide LLC

Postby USNaviguide LLC » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:16 am

In regard to your error, make sure you're using the exact same e-mail address that the notification came to. If your e-mail is redirected to your inbox, make sure you used the same e-mail that you used to buy your unit. If PayPal was used, that would be your paypal e-mail account. Also double check your reference number to be sure it is correct as well.
USNaviguide LLC

Postby neepster » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:20 am

Well, I had done all that and it still hadn't worked, but now it seems to be working and I got my Pin # and all.

Thanks
neepster

Postby alex51 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:47 pm

I was ok when I got the email with the link, it imports the serial number from your XO, my email thought the email was spam so I found it in my junk email folder.
alex51

Postby unrequited » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:21 pm

I haven't gotten the email yet... did you all get it the day of shipping?
-Unrequited
unrequited

Postby neepster » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:32 pm

I think I got mine on the day my PC arrived... However, GMAIL's spam filter grabbed it and I had to go digging through my spam to find it.

Look at your spam folder.
neepster

Return to Open Discussion