WiFi works but I can't share files...

Points of views and questions about the OLPC project. What should it be? How could it be better? Where is it needed most? Ask your questions here and let your opinion be known.

WiFi works but I can't share files...

Postby ljlicaros » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:01 am

I've got a wireless network with two laptops. Both can surf the net without issue, but I can't get them to share files. They can't "see" each other, despite having the same workgroup name. What seems to be the problem?

ljlicaros

Re: WiFi works but I can't share files...

Postby ektoric » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:13 pm

ljlicaros wrote:I've got a wireless network with two laptops. Both can surf the net without issue, but I can't get them to share files. They can't "see" each other, despite having the same workgroup name. What seems to be the problem?

When you say you have two laptops, are you talking about two XOs? XOs can share activities and should be able to see each other in the Neighborhood view.

(I am blatantly ignoring your comment about "workgroup" name. Because that indicates you are talking about two windows laptops. For which your question would not belong in this forum at all.)
ektoric
Support Team

Return to Open Discussion