My SD card reader is not working on my HP laptop!

Points of views and questions about the OLPC project. What should it be? How could it be better? Where is it needed most? Ask your questions here and let your opinion be known.

My SD card reader is not working on my HP laptop!

Postby buckoboy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:11 pm

I am looking at getting some help on sorting my laptop out! My SD card slot is in the side of my laptop and until I had a virus was working fine. Since I have had it re formatted everything else is working fine except the card slot where I usually put the SD card from my digital camera. It doesnt even register it now! Can anyone help??
buckoboy

Re: My SD card reader is not working on my HP laptop!

Postby sverma » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:15 pm

This is the OLPC project and XO laptop forum. How is your problem related to either?
sverma

Re: My SD card reader is not working on my HP laptop!

Postby doug » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:57 pm

go to http://kubuntu.org/ and download the file: kubuntu-8.04-rc-desktop-i386.iso from one of the locations and burn it to a CD as an ISO Image. It must be burned as an "image" or it won't work. Then boot you laptop with the CD installed and see if your SD card works after it boots.

If it works, your Windows system is messed up and you should install Kubuntu to upgrade to a more stable operating system or find someone who wants to fix another broken Windows system. Good luck and have fun playing with Kubuntu if you follow my hints to how to test your computer and use your SD card reader.

PS, there's some tongue-in-cheek comments in the above post.
doug

Return to Open Discussion