Smartphones & Sugar

Points of views and questions about the OLPC project. What should it be? How could it be better? Where is it needed most? Ask your questions here and let your opinion be known.

Smartphones & Sugar

Postby Gregman2 » Thu May 01, 2008 11:25 pm

Given that mobile internet globally is seriously lagging behind broader distribution of smartphones in
the BRICT (Brazil, Russia, India, China, Turkey) countries, will Sugar (or can it) be adapted somehow for the mobile space? It's clear that in the future smartphones will become a working tool for migrations of young people moving from countryside to cities. Currently the reach of the mobile internet is limited mostly to text, IM, SMS, some MMS. Video Conferencing, Mobile TV, and P2P Mobile Social Networks are currently pretty much a first world entertainment. Can Sugar play a role in this emerging space?
Gregman2

Re: Smartphones & Sugar

Postby GregYohn » Thu May 29, 2008 9:40 pm

Hello!

I can use my XO to call people all over the Globe for nothing using my Twinkle program through Terminal. I give them my Voip provider info and can call telephones. Yes, it does need external speakers in a loud room...LOL, but the microphone REALLY is good quality!

Greg
GregYohn

Return to Open Discussion