Windows version?

Points of views and questions about the OLPC project. What should it be? How could it be better? Where is it needed most? Ask your questions here and let your opinion be known.

Windows version?

Postby AgentLemon » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:13 am

I was just wondering if anybody new anything about the windows version? such as if its available, will we be able to purchase an sd card (like the fedora sd cards i see on amazon) I really want an xo laptop and would be more than willing go g1g1 but am just waiting on windows.
AgentLemon

Re: Windows version?

Postby ncarrol » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:45 pm

ncarrol

Re: Windows version?

Postby fabiosmith » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:40 pm

There is no email client at the moment on XO, though one is in the works. I just use SSH (installed by default) to log in to my computer at home and check mail with mutt. According to /proc/cpuinfo, the process or is AMD Geode, running at 430MHz. In use, it doesn't feel particularly fast or slow to me. According to /etc/X11/xorg.conf, the screen looks to be 1200x900. In black and white mode, it looks like the screen is higher resolution still (it looks incredibly sharp) but I don't see any references to that in xorg.conf. The OLPC has 1gb of total flash storage space, with 327mb used by the basic system, leaving 698mb for additional programs / data.
fabiosmith

Return to Open Discussion