How to bring this project to a country

Points of views and questions about the OLPC project. What should it be? How could it be better? Where is it needed most? Ask your questions here and let your opinion be known.

How to bring this project to a country

Postby jaimeBenitez » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:20 pm

HI,

This is the first time I have heard of this project and I consider this to be an incredible effort.
It is sad I did not hear from this before.

I am from Puerto Rico and to my understanding this project has not been deployed here. I think it is a great initiative and should be explored. I want to obtain information on how to successfully bring this project here and how to start a community or make propositions for this to be adopted by our communities.

If any of you can guide me to learning more about this project I will be glad.

Again thank you beforehand and I admire all contributors for this incredible gift you are giving to people
jaimeBenitez

Re: How to bring this project to a country

Postby wayne » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:01 am

I am an ex pat, Canadian, out of work, retired with no pension as yet, single father of and living with a nine year old female child who loves the computer and would love to have an XO. We are in Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic along with, probably, a million+ poor children in this country.
I can not leave the country with my daughter, altho I have custody, because the mother refuses to sign for her to leave unless i pay an exorbitant amount of money to her, which i refuse to do.
I would have to say we are living quite well below the poverty line. We live on a monthly gift.
How can I make her dream come true? She has been aware of the XO for some time now. A little friend of hers, living on the same street, whose father works for Codetel, the local Telephone company, gave his daughter the XO and my daughter has seen it, played with it and wants one badly.
I note you are headed for India. Can we not look after the poor closer to home first?

With my conditions, how may I make this happen? Thank you.

Regards,

Wayne Carroll
wayne

Return to Open Discussion