Signs and Marketing Collateral

Points of views and questions about the OLPC project. What should it be? How could it be better? Where is it needed most? Ask your questions here and let your opinion be known.

Signs and Marketing Collateral

Postby mikebeary » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:15 pm

Is there a central place that has all the various signs, posters, etc. that are made for the OLPC project? If not I think there are many benefits to having a single place, or a single group of places that handles the production of things like this. The benefits I can think of are:

--People won't have to recreate the work of others.
--Volume discounts and limited set-up fees.
--Peoplw would be more likely to use signs that would help the profitability of fund raisers if they were aware of their availability (if we post it as a major wiki section on the left hand side of the home page)

If there is a way to procure this kind of stuff then perhaps it should be more visible or more easily found?

-Mike
mikebeary

Re: Signs and Marketing Collateral

Postby mikebeary » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:14 pm

Another benefit I can think of is the quality of the marketing collateral material is bound to improve with everyone using the same source. People could collaborate on it and continually revise and improve the designs.

I had the idea when I started looking for a sign to use for an ongoing fundraising event at my college. We need to attract people to our table, and there's no question a colorful banner showing kids using the laptops would translate to more dollars for olpc just from our school.
mikebeary

Re: Signs and Marketing Collateral

Postby Adrian678 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:51 am

If you have a passion for Marketing collateral, sign up and we'll
let you know when we're ready for your help.

how to treat depression
Adrian678

Return to Open Discussion