Browse is Gone

Talk about how to use and get the most out of Activities for the XO.

Browse is Gone

Postby taliaschmalia » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:44 pm

I deleted the Browse activity and can't get it back. Can you help me retrieve the program via Terminal. Step by Step instructions please!

Thank You.
taliaschmalia

Re: Browse is Gone

Postby ncarrol » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:24 pm

Just go to the Control Panel and select Software Update. Check the one you want to update (Browse or just leave the check marks in all that show). Note: this is update of the Activities and not an update of the operating system.

Control Panel is a menu choice in the menu that shows as the cursor hovers over the "X-Man".
ncarrol

Postby taliaschmalia » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:12 pm

ncarrol wrote:Just go to the Control Panel and select Software Update. Check the one you want to update (Browse or just leave the check marks in all that show). Note: this is update of the Activities and not an update of the operating system.

Control Panel is a menu choice in the menu that shows as the cursor hovers over the "X-Man".

I tried this and it did not work. There was no checklist to pick an activity to want to update, it just automatically programs for you. The Browse activity is gone, that's probably why it failed.
taliaschmalia

Postby ncarrol » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:18 pm

With correctly functioning XO software this does work. Have previously deleted Activities (including Browse) and run the Software Update in the Control Panel and obtained a list of standard bundle Activities, from which an activity can be selected (default is all of standard bundle).

If your software is not functioning correctly, try a clean install of the OLPC operating system:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/No-fail_update

However, the instructions for installing Activities manually from a USB drive (using a PC or Mac) are here:

http://www.laptop.org/8.2.0/manual/Sugar_InstallingActivities.html
ncarrol

Postby lucasm » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:29 pm

Did anyone resolve this problem? My browse icon is gone and does not appear in the software update. all the other activities are there. i have no idea what to do or who to get in touch with. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!
lucasm

Postby sandy|XO » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:18 pm

Easy to solve, go this page and update!

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities
sandy|XO

Postby batteryready » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:17 am

ncarrol wrote:Just go to the Control Panel and select Software Update. Check the one you want to update (Browse or just leave the check marks in all that show). Note: this is update of the Activities and not an update of the operating system.

Yes, i do agree with you ,You did good job.I use the way you post here.Thanks :lol:
Hey, guys, I'd like to make friends and do business, we sell laptop battery,Apple MacBook 13 inch battery,and so on .
batteryready

Return to Activities / Software