Developer Section

Do you have a suggestion for this site or an idea that will make the site better? This forum is for you.

Developer Section

Postby Torokun » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:27 am

Another great section would be sections for Developers.

They could be categorized under big umbrella of topics like...

-OS
-Educational
-Games

etc... and have sub categories.

This will provide a place for developers from different background to come and share ideas as well as obtain information about the problem they are having.

Also, it's a good platform to form your own development team.
Torokun

Postby peter » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:23 am

Thanks for the suggestion. There is a "scripts and programming" forum that was created for that.

Subforums could be added as the post counts start to become greater. Till then I'll just wait and see.
Simiya - For Lovers of Caribbean Art
peter

Re: Developer Section

Postby Jeeproxx » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:10 pm

I realize that this thread seems dead.... but... where is this "scripts and programming" forum?

Anybody?
My friends call me JEEP!
Jeeproxx

Postby mburns » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:41 pm

:)

These are actually artifacts from the old olpchelp.org forum before the merge. I think a programming forum (with sub-forums) seems reasonable though. When we merged, Peter and I really tried simplify the forum, but we want to slowly add them back as demand arises.

So, guys, what do you think? A Programming forum in the Projects category?
mburns
Support Team

Postby Sarah Elkins » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:58 pm

That would be the People and Projects category, when I look at the Board Index? I think that might be good. Would that be a good place to pass along suggestions of / requests for software development (wholly new projects)? I know there's supposed to be an Ideas page somewhere on the wiki for that, but searching there yesterday on "Ideas" didn't bring it up as far as I could tell.
Sarah Elkins

Postby tdang » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:49 am

I'd love a forum dedicated to non-serious screwing-around programming for Python/Sugar. I occasionally try to mess with an activity's code and get totally bewildered. (Trying to put sounds into Maze was my last attempt.) I'm trying to think like the kid I imagine using the view-source & develop to change their games. Right now, it's really hard and having a place to chat about it would help.

A separate forum might be overkill, but I'm concerned that serious developers might intimidate the learning-by-screwing-around types, or that the latter might make the forum too noisy for the former.

-Timothy
tdang

Postby peter » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:48 pm

I've changed the name of the "Operating System / Build" forum to "Operating System / Scripting / Programming" to address this need as the the categories often are interrelated. We'll monitor the growth and if it is popular we can create dedicated forums or sub forums. Enjoy!
Simiya - For Lovers of Caribbean Art
peter

Return to Forum Announcements & Feedback