when i run the activity it doesn't work

Talk about how to use and get the most out of Activities for the XO.

when i run the activity it doesn't work

Postby yodogy » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:27 pm

i have the new olpc and when i click a activity that i have downloaded it starts regularly with the flashing icon. but then the activity just stops running and the icon is not even on the dock. what should i do.

worried laptop owner
yodogy

Re: when i run the activity it doesn't work

Postby ncarrol » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:22 pm

What do you mean by "a activitiy that I have downloaded"? The standard bundle of activities should already be on your XO.

Do the standard activities work? For example, try Browse (picture of Globe of Planet).

If you are downloading special activities, what are they?

If things "freeze", you can always power down by holding in the power button for 10 seconds.

If the standard activities do not work, then you may have to do a clean install of the software (easy two click download on PC on internet and with USB flash drive ($5 from WalMart). The software could have become corrupted during cold weather shipping.
ncarrol

Postby yodogy » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:29 pm

ncarrol wrote:What do you mean by "a activitiy that I have downloaded"? The standard bundle of activities should already be on your XO.

Do the standard activities work? For example, try Browse (picture of Globe of Planet).

If you are downloading special activities, what are they?

If things "freeze", you can always power down by holding in the power button for 10 seconds.

If the standard activities do not work, then you may have to do a clean install of the software (easy two click download on PC on internet and with USB flash drive ($5 from WalMart). The software could have become corrupted during cold weather shipping.

the standard activities work but i have not been able to run doom (the activity I downloaded from wiki olpc activities. nothing froze. all that happend was that doom quit and didn't start up.
yodogy

Postby marksteven » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:14 am

Hi,
What kind of activity you should running?Because some standard activity are not run in the browser.If you should have some specific activity they should not work then tell me.Iwill resolve your problem.
Thanks for sharing this information.
marksteven

Return to Activities / Software